Saturday, January 24, 2015

2015-- Starting off Strong

Ok, I know it's already kinda late in the month (the 24th?!), but here are my goals for 2015.  I want this to be my best year yet!  Cliche, yeah?  But who cares…  I've been doing them since my Christmas Break ended, so basically all of 2015, so far.

Here they are:

1.)  Workout consistently.

Duh, is this not everyone's first one?  But, I mean serious business.  I love living a very active lifestyle.  Being here in Hawaii, my schedule is very different than what I am used to, so I have gained weight since being here… sad right?  Not the best bikini body that I had hoped (ok, and dreamed) of.  But no more sitting around!  I'm starting this year off with a BANG.  And that bang sounds a lot like INSANITY.  Yep, we've all heard of it.  All the hype must be for something, right? I'm hoping so.  My thighs and butt could use it.

(Yokahama Bay during Thanksgiving Break)

2.) Yoga

I have only taken a few yoga classes, but I LOVE them.  They energize, de-stress, and stretch your mind and body, and I love that feeling.  I have not done any yoga since being in Hawaii and I have really missed it.  I bought myself a yoga mat (since mine is home in WA) thinking I would just YouTube some yoga, but I couldn't stop there… Yesterday, I went to try out my first BIKRAM yoga class.  I loved it so much (even with all the sweat), I bought a month membership right after the class.  I can't wait to take advantage of all the different classes the offer.  My goal is to try and get 3 classes in a week! (fingers crossed)

(My new yoga mat)

3.) Drink MORE Water

I don't know about you, but I did not drink enough water.  I have found out that I do not drink enough water if I carry around my big Nalgene water bottle.  I don't know what it is, maybe just that it seems too big to actually finish, or maybe that it gets warm before I can finish it?  I don't know.  But, I started buying a big pack of water bottles from Costco (yes, I recycle) and now I drink a lot of water.  I use one bottle a day and I try and refill it 4-5 times.  It's so much easier, and more rewarding too.  
(4-5 of the Costco bottles a day)

4.)  Keep a Food Journal

I know this doesn't seem important, and I am not necessarily counting calories, but I do like know what I put into my body.  If you are anything like me, you like to eat healthy but you don't mind a cheat meal (or two or three…).  This was getting out of hand, and I wasn't being aware of how certain foods made my body feel.  (I'm detail oriented in some ways-- food, has not been one).  Lately, I have been using the app "My Fitness Pal."  Yes, this app is generally for weight loss, but that is not what I use it for.  I track what I eat and I like to see my macro (carbs/protein/fat) breakdown.  During Insanity, I'm trying to keep my carbs (complex--for energy) and protein higher, while I try to eat only healthy or very little fats.  During Insanity I want my Macro ration to be 40% carbs,  40% protein, and 20% fat.  After Insanity, I might lower my carb and protein intake because I won't be doing MAX interval training 6 days a week.  
(My food, insanity, thoughts journal)

5.) More Devotional Time

Even though I am here in Hawaii being a student missionary for the year, it is SO hard for me to better my relationship with God.  We have worship, we go to church, we pray, but doing all that stuff does not necessarily mean I have a strong relationship with God.  I get so tied up with the schedule of the dorm, and being everywhere and anything the kids need me to be, that I forget about my personal relationship with God.  This year, I want to make a BIG effort to have daily devotions with God.  So far, the books/apps I have been using are: the app, "She Reads Truth," the devotional book "His Princess" by Sheri Rose Shepherd, and of course the Bible.  (If I find something new, I'll let you know!)

(Devotion book and my Bible)

These 5 things are just my top priorities for 2015 (there are many other things that I "want" to do/change in 2015).  These were not listed in any order, they are all important to me.  I want to combine all of these resolutions, or a better term-- lifestyle changes-- in equal parts to live a healthy, balanced life.  

What are your 2015 resolutions and how are they going?  Comment here, and let's keep each other accountable! 

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment