Monday, January 26, 2015

Sunday Sweat Sesh + Cookies

Today was… busy.

 I started the day off by pressing snooze on my 6:00 am alarm.  Who wants to get up at 6:00 am on a SUNDAY?!  Not me. I could only sleep for so much longer before I had to get up, eat breakfast (cereal, turkey bacon, and of course, coffee) and go down to campus to proctor an SAT test.  You know, the college admission test that takes foreverrrrrrrrr.  Yeah.  My morning sucked.

(This is not my desk…)

When I got done around 12:30pm I was starving.  I could have eaten the entire pantry!  But, I settled for a 4 egg white and veggie (spinach, pepper, and onion) scramble instead. I had 50 minutes before I was scheduled to take the kids to the beach so I decided to do my Insanity workout for the day (even though all I really wanted to do was sleep!).  It's my 3rd week of Insanity and I did the Plyometric Cardio Circuit. I gave it everything I had: went faster, harder, and longer than I ever have before.  (I'm already feeling it--yay!).  

I showered off and got ready for the beach but the weather wasn't cooperating… none of the kids wanted to go anywhere.  So what did I do?  I went and hung out in Barnes and Noble, of course!  I love browsing the isles for new books.  Today, cookbooks and diet books caught my attention.  There are so many out there!  Which ones do you like?!


(Just a quick snap of my reading material)

After I felt satisfied (or overwhelmed with information) I headed back to the dorm.  Lisa, one of my Japanese dorm students, loves to bake as much as I do.  We are hoping to try and bake something at least once a week, and today we gave it our first go.  I asked her what she wanted to make, I showed her all these really cool and fancy recipes, I told her I wanted to bake something semi-healthy, but what did she want to make?  Chocolate chip cookies.  You can't go wrong with them so I agreed.  We found a recipe from the blog "Deliciously Yum" and decided to give it a try.  (Click on the link to get the recipe).


(WOW, they did not disappoint! )

After eating two cookies (they are mini), I realized I had two hours until I had to "man" the lobby (be dean on duty) for the rest of the night, so I decided to try another yoga class at the studio I just bought a membership to.  The class is called Power Vinyasa.  It's a flow style yoga, in a 95 degree room, with great music.  I have never, ever, not even in Bikram Yoga (105 degree room), or Insanity, sweated so much in my life.  Both my mind and body felt stretched and rejuvenated. This was THE MOST GLORIOUS yoga class I have ever been to. EVER.  I can't wait to go back.  

I definitely turned my Sunday around and made the most of it!  How was yours?

Happy Monday! 
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Mmm those cookies look great! Nice post :)
    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete