Saturday, January 24, 2015

It's Workout Time!

My life is pretty hectic-- I mean, I'm 20 years old and basically a mom to 20+ high schoolers from other Hawaiian islands, the "mainland," and Asia (Korea, China, and Japan).  My life is very busy, but not necessarily in an active way.  I am usually "Dean on Duty" for 6+ hours and day; that means that I sit in the lobby and hangout with the kids, help them with homework, drive them where they need to go (the mall),  and most of the time, try and get them to turn their music down.  Can anyone relate?





(Some pictures of Dorm Life)

So believe me, I know how hard it is to make time for yourself.  I especially have trouble because I work the night shift, which means I start my day when the kids get out of school, usually around 3:30 pm, and I finish my day around 12:30 am.  Sounds like I have a lot of time in the morning, right?  Well after sleeping in till 8/9, having to help out in the kitchen at 10:30, and monitor the lunch line at 12:00, it doesn't leave me much personal time.  Hardly enough to get anything done, let alone get a workout in.  To say I have been struggling would be an UNDERSTATEMENT. 

My schedule, is the main reason I have decided to give INSANITY a try.  It gets your heart pumping, your body sweating, and revs up your metabolism for hours!  All this in about an hour!  It is MAX interval training which means you give it all you have for a short period of time and then you get a 30 second rest.  It's a lot of cardio, but also combines resistance and abs exercises to tone and strengthen your muscles.  Since starting Insanity, 3 weeks ago, I haven't missed a single workout! And this morning I did my second Fit Test and I just BLEW my first Fit Test out of the water!  Results after just 2 weeks!  I am determined to carry this out for the full 9 weeks.  Like Shaun T, from Insanity says, "You gotta give it everything you got!"  

Insanity may not be the answer for everyone, but it has helped me get out of the workout slump I was in.  Now, I'm always wanting to do something active!  Find (or make up) some sort of exercise  that fits you as a person, your schedule, and that you just really enjoy doing!  It makes all the difference in the world; you should look forward to your workouts!  

Let me know what your daily workouts look like!  Has anyone tried Insanity?  How did it work for you? Comment here and let's chat!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment